Re: anybody else also infected

OK, perhaps you and I read the FAQ differently.  I read it to indicate that
you should assume that any reported infection from Cygwin files are false
until you can determine otherwise.  To me, it's worthwhile to inform the
list of viruses in any Cygwin related software if the virus is real.  However,
allot of posts about the potential of a virus isn't really helpful to anyone
and can lead newbies to panic, adding to the list volume.  Personally, I've
never seen a single confirmed virus in any Cygwin software in the more than
6 years I've been using it, though I've seen many a report of viruses (hence
the FAQ entry about them).  So I view all Cygwin virus reports on this list
with a bit of healthy skepticism, unless there is evidence to support doing
otherwise.  I'm just suggesting that others take that message to heart and
do their homework before posting.

Now back to my own little utopia where everything is done right. ;-)