Re: Lego IR tower USB driver vs. cygwin

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:26:49PM +1100, Graham Menhennitt wrote:
>I've tried debugging it to see the exact parameters that open() eventually
>uses when it internally calls CreateFIle() - so far no success.
>
>I'm doing this using Cygwin version 1.3.9-1 under Windows 98 SE.
>
>Can somebody please explain to me why:
>- this would (presumably) have worked with older versions of Cygwin

Because things always work in "older versions of Cygwin" or, usually, "it
works fine on linux".

>- why opening the device works with Win32 CreateFile() but not Cygwin open()
>- why the long hang
>- why I can't write to the device even after it does open
>Has anybody got any suggestions on how to debug this further?

It's hard to offer advice when it isn't clear what you've done.  What does
"so far no success" mean?  Did you build a debugging version of cygwin so
that you could step into it?

The released DLL does not have debugging symbols in it.  You'll have to
bulid a DLL with debugging symbols.  Then you can step into open.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .