Re: Cygintl-1 not found

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Stangely enough, the setup.ini entry for grep(*) specifies that it
> depends on the 'libintl1' package.  I don't know why the package did not
> get installed on your machine automatically (did you use setup?), but
> the solution is to reinstall the 'libintl1' package.

Thanks you Charles for your quick and speedy reply and my apologies for not
checking google and    http://www.cygwin.com/packages/  first and I should know
better.

As to why it did not get on my system in the first place it probably did but
since:
 1) I was one of those keeping up with the new setup and installing upgraded
packages
and
 2) was also one of those to discover that the new setup had a problem (now
fixed) with the last packages it was attempting to update (it was removing them
and not updating them)
and
 3) it was late in the game before I realized that this was occurring and
therefore had no idea what packages I may have lost as a result since they
still showed as installed although they were not

 All of this as I explained in my posting but I have no excuse for not checking
google for an entry in Dec of 2001 for why cygintl-1 came to be and had worked
up until I had just updated several new packages and my system had been working
fine 5 minutes before.  I did at least relate it to the fact that I had
probably lost something during the new setup.exe trial period as I did ask
which package the file could be found in. You know I had been to
http://www.cygwin.com/packages/ before (in fact last night before I posted the
message) and never noticed that search.

No excuses (just irritation) and my apologies to all for asking for help on
something that if I had spent another hour over the one I had already spent
trying to solve I could have fixed myself and posting to the wrong list as
well.