Re: login: no shell: /bin/bash: Permission denied

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:20:48AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Hmm, so much for google.  You adviced to use login before,
>
>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-03/msg00337.html
>
> have things changed since then?

No.  Did you read that article carefully?  I've wrote about
special user rights needed...

> > See /usr/doc/Cygwin/login.README.
>
>   Under NT/2K/XP, login(1) is _not_ supposed to work on the command line
>   to change user context!  Though you're able to tweak user permissions
>   to get login(1) working that way, that's NOT officially supported.
>
> Ok, so how *do* you change user context?

Either start an sshd service or start inetd and allow telnet or
rsh or rlogin.
Then you can easily change user context by ssh'ing, telnet'ing,
rsh'ing or rlogin'ing into your box under the other account.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.