This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Suggestion for setup
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:51:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: Suggestion for setup
- References: <17B78BDF120BD411B70100500422FC6309E4B7@IIS000>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 06:31:04PM +0100, Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:
>Oh, I didn't think at that ;-( Obviously a way to avoid running "mkpasswd
>-d" in such a case would be useful.
This is just an issue for first time installations, right? AFAICT,
/etc/passwd should not be produced if there is already a /etc/passwd.
I guess the best solution is to present the user with several options
1) Create /etc/passwd using local accounts?
2) Create /etc/passwd using domain accounts?
3) Create /etc/passwd using local and domain accounts?
4) Don't create /etc/passwd
Then we have to remember what the user wanted.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html