Re: Screen color question

Barry,

If you're using the Windows console, open the properties dialog, either of
the shortcut you use to start your Cygwin shell or of an existing window
(use the window menu) and view the "Colors" pane. There you can control the
foreground (text) and background colors for plain text (i.e., when an
application does not itself issue color-changing escape sequences).

For RXVT you need to alter the command that starts up the emulator (again,
presumably in a shortcut). The "-fg" and "-bg" options set the foreground
and background colors, resp. "Man rxvt" for more details.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA