xdvi runtime error - part 2

Continuing my attempts to run xdvi under cygwin, here are my
success and new problem:

I have fixed the problem with fcntl(F_SETOWN) - it actually
is an option in the configuration file which allows to inhibit
the use of this function.

But xdvi still goes nuts and crashes after eating the entire
available memory... So, I run it under gdb. Immediately after
the start I get the following gdb warning:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
0x77e86e72 in _libkernel32_a_iname()

and the debugger runs out of control.

Any idea of what goes wrong ?? What is this function responsible
with? Who may be calling it?

BTW: has anybody ported xdvi? Am I a pioneer here?

Thanks in advance,

Nic. Santean