Re: Keyboard mapping

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> Anyone have any information if and how one would remap certain key on
> your keyboard under cygwin?  I would personally like the "Caps Lock" to
> do nothing.  It's always getting in my way!  Maybe make F13 the Caps
> Lock so it is really out of my way. :+)
>
> -paul mcferrin

Although not an expert on Cygwin, I would guess keyboard mapping falls
outside of Cygwin's domain of operation. However, Windows 2000 and XP
have a thing called Scan Code Mapper, which can be used to do what you
want. I myself have treated my W2K so it has no caps lock at all and the
caps lock key behaves as a second (well, third, actually) control key.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/input/w2kscan-map.asp
for further details.

--