proprietary-use license?

We are a small research institute developing a Java-based solar energy
simulation which will be marketed to the renewable energy community. Our
program requires multi-platform database functionality which is why
PostgreSQL (and MySQL) came to mind. We would like to avoid any per-seat
charges such as MySQL requires. What are the licensing requirements or
charges for Cygwin/PostgreSQL?

Thank you for your help.
--
Richard Chrenko, Informatik