RE: RPM Binary

>From http://cygwin.com/lists.html:

"cygwin: a high volume list for discussion of just about all things
Cygwin-related. If you have questions about how to use Cygwin, or if you
have cygwin-specific (see above) questions about the UNIX tools (bash, gcc,
make, etc.) that come with Cygwin, this is the list for you. There is one
exception to the "all things cygwin" nature of this list: questions about
the Cygwin/XFree86 project (or any X-related questions for cygwin) should go
to the cygwin-xfree mailing list (see below)."

I don't see RPM (which BTW is a RedHat invention) excluded. This is a "how
to use Cygwin" question, IMHO. Why the harsh reaction? Ignorance is never a
virtue.

Try also http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=linux.redhat.rpm.

In case anybody cares and promises to figure things out by themselves (i.e.,
do not hassle this list), here are a few hints:

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/rpm-3.0.3/index.html

  http://www.holonlinux.com/product/xonwin/

  http://www.sixnine.net/cygwin/

  http://peach.sourceforge.net/en/