Re: copying and pasting in rxvt

 Lars,

Montag, 18. März 2002 15:37:33, du schriebst:

>> How can I get copying and pasting to work in rxvt like it does under X? I
>> want to be able to slect text with the left button and paste it with the
>> middle button ("emulated" actually: I just press both left and right buttons
>> at the same time). I used to have it work on my other computer (laptop). The
>> setup seems to be identical, but it doesn't work now.

> Try putting:

> "\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard

> in your .inputrc.

But this belongs to the 'insert' key on the keyboard.
Cut&Paste with mouse is built in rxvt, double-click/triple-click to copy
word/line to the clipboard, left click somewhere and following right-click
to mark the whole area (and immediately copit to the clipboard) and
<shift-left-click> to paste (or <insert> with the above entry in
.inputrc)

And while editing .inputrc, consider to add some more goodies:

$ cat .inputrc
# This file is read by the 'readline' library
# (the library which bash uses for its command-
# line editing facility)

# Make Home work
"\e[7~": beginning-of-line
# Make End work
"\e[8~": end-of-line
# Make Delete work
"\e[3~": delete-char
# make Insert work
"\e[2~": paste-from-clipboard

Gerrit
--
$ make signature
make: *** No rule to make target `signature'.  Stop.