Re: "Nothing needed to be installed" setup problem

From: "Phil Mitchell" <phil.mitchell@pobox.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 15:26
Subject: "Nothing needed to be installed" setup problem

> I have the latest version of setup.exe, but older versions of contrib and
> latest (from July of last year). I am trying to install cygwin on a
machine
> without internet access, and that's what I've got on cdrom.

Is the setup.ini from the CDROM as well?  A newer setup.ini will probably
refer to the wrong versions of most of the packages.

> I am installing from c:\temp into c:\cygwin. In setup, I click on the
> little circle arrows until it says "install", but then it finishes and
> tells me there was nothing to install. I also tried telling it to
> "reinstall" -- same result.
>
> Setup does not seem to leave a logfile any more, either.

The log files from setup.exe are now written to /var/log/ .  The
setup.log.full there may shed some light on what is happening.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html