Re: mcrypt commnad

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 05:56:07PM -0800, Gupta, Sanjay wrote:
> Sorry, I did not work in all unix, I mean to say Unix I worked with ( Sun
> 5.6, 5.8). I am not sure whether GNU specification is different for crypt
> command. I am not asking that crypt command should be changed in cygwin but
> rather asking is there any equivalent command which works the same way as in
> Sun OS.

crypt(1) doesn't exist in SUSv2 nor did it exist in XPG3 back in 1987.
It's a OS dependent application which you can't expect to do the same
or even exist on other OSes.  Cygwin's crypt(1) is just for the purpose
of creating a DES encrypted password for 9x/Me users.  That's fine.
Having crypt(1) doing something else on other OSes is fine, too.

Corinna

> You are getting command not found error in Red Hat 7.x, don't you know what
> does it mean ? It means command does not exists in your system . My guess is

You're not honestly assuming that Michael and Chris don't know
what that error means, do you?  That's called "irony".

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.