Re: 1.4 To 1.10 : cygwin1.dll Bug on NT 4.0 ?

At 03:33 AM 4/4/2002, Patrick Pelissier wrote:
>I am using tigcc which is a port of GCC 3.0.4 to ti-89 and ti-92+ calculators (You can get it and its sources at http://tigcc.ticalc.org) - it is a cross compiler (Compile on x86 machines, Target : m68k machines).
>It uses cygwin1.dll to port Gcc.
>
>Then I try to compile the examples (with the IDE, or the command prompt).
>If I am using cygwin1.dll 1.3.2-1, it works fine, and it compiles well on Windows NT 4.0.
>I I am using newer versions (like 1.10), it reports me:
>/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/m68k-coff/3.0.4/specs: No such file or directory.
>
>I have mailed to the maintainer, and it reports me :
>"I thought I had fixed it by simply disabling the default search path, but it seems that this didn't work."
>He isn't able to solve this problem by himself.
>Maybe is-it a problem in cygwin1.dll ?
>
>You can contact the maintainer at sebastian@tigcc.ticalc.org.
>This problem doesn't occur on other Windows system.
>I have added the cygcheck of both versions 1.3.10-10 and 1.3.2-1
>Thanks in advance.

It's not at all clear where your problem is.  However there are several
factors to consider:

   1. The issue is with a cross-compiler not provided by Cygwin

   2. As near as I can tell, the problem you see results when you move from
      an earlier version of the cross-compiler to a later version

   3. The problem occurs on only 1 machine

   4. There is a general lack of detailed information which makes it unlikely
      that others will be of much help in this matter

I think you're going to need to investigate this issue further before it
will be fruitful to get others involved.  Specifically, I'd suggest
concentrating on why you see different results on the system with the
problem.  That sounds like some kind of configuration problem to me.  If
your search turns up something Cygwin specific, you'll want to report it
here.  Otherwise, you want to report your findings to the maintainer of the
cross compiler.