RE: Should setup suggests to downgrade? [WAS: Lillypond for cygwin]

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll have a look in the logs tomorrow.

> [I've already mentioned I'm not happy with the current
> download mode - I think it loses a lot of its potential
> power, and is also confusing, by being intertwined with the
> current install state.

And yet, I can see a lot of annoyed folk if setup in download mode tried
to download *everything* not present by default. It's easy enough to
tell setup to download everything regardless of local state - click all
categorie's action symbol to redownload, and you are done. Does that
address your concern?

Anyway, I may misunderstand what you meant, so feel free to elaborate or
patch.

> Indeed, I see little value in
> separating the download and install as currently implemented.
>  Seeing no comment after my earlier mail, do I assume I'm
> either doing something wrong, or nobody else finds
> this a problem?]

Simply use the 'install from internet' mode. It downloads and installs
in one foul swoop.

> I hope you find these comments constructive.  I do feel
> setup.exe is a great tool, though it still has a few rough edges.

Thank you, and agreed.

Rob