This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gcc linker not producing executable
- From: "Dennis McNulty" <dennis at giantfir dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:52:37 -0700
- Subject: gcc linker not producing executable
- Reply-to: "Dennis McNulty" <dennis at giantfir dot com>
I'm running cygwin on a Win98 system, and have gcc.exe and g++.exe (in /bin)
both with version 2.95.3-5, and both with mod dates of Jun/17/2001. g++
works just fine, and it can compile and link simple programs with a single
command. However, gcc will not produce an executable, neither following
the -o option or even the default a.out. It doesn't give any diagnostic
messages at all. In fact, if I ask to use gcc to link, it will even delete
the -o file if it already exists. I'm forced into using gcc to compile
only, then ld to link.
Any ideas about what could be causing this?
- Dennis McNulty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html