RE: using Windows links

The thing is, the Windows-created Shortcut is called Desktop.lnk and I'm trying to create simply Desktop.  There is NO file called Desktop.  But ln(1) fails, telling me that Desktop exists.

Thus, cygwin is throwing in the towel on link/Shortcut compatibility, but I think it was forgotten to remove some of the code.

Hmmm.  Theoretically, I should fix this myself.  If I were able to right now (unfortunately, I don't think now is the right time), how could I contribute here?  I'd have to get all the source for cygwin1.dll, configure my machine for remote CVS access, find and make the change, and then?  What would be next?