Re: Mutt + Cygwin + PGP howto??

Javier, et al --

...and then Javier said...
%
% Hi!!

Hello!

%
% Am trying to get my head around to getting Mutt (vers. 1.2.5i, see version
% info later in the email) to work with my (installed) copy of
% PGP for Windows (ver. 6.5.8) but even though I've imported pgp6.rc from the

Hrmmm...

% samples directory (and changed the "pgp6" string with "pgp" :), I can sign
% messages, but when I get a signed message and I try to verify the signature,
% I get:
%
% [-- Salida de PGP a continuación (tiempo actual: Sun Jun  2 20:01:40
% 2002) --]
% ^GFile [/tmp/mutt-UNO-2416-1.asc] does not exist.

Right.  This, I think, is the problem; mutt, which was built under and is
running under the cygwin DLL (however it should really be called; I'm too
new to know the correct terms!), knows about /tmp (which is the tmp/ dir
under c:\wherever\you\installed\cygwin) but pgp6, which is just running
under Windoze, doesn't.

%
% I've tried to wrap the file calls in the pgp_* commands changing %f for
% `cygpath -w %f` so maybe pgp will "get" them, but to no use :(

I don't know of a way to point mutt's tmp files to c:\tmp so that you can
then point pgp6 to the same thing, but that's probably the only hope here.
You can try playing with $tmpdir in your muttrc for starters...

%
% The "odd" thing is that mutt seems to "accept" the signature nontheless....
% at least I can read the message (no, I haven't tried to encrypt yet :) .....
% but it doesn't work; it's looking for some auxiliary app that's just not
% there...

Right; it just can't verify it.

%
% Recogiendo clave PGP...pkspxycwrap: not found

That's a little wrapper script that should be in the mutt contribs.  I
don't recall its purpose; I don't use it.

% Entre keyID para javier@jarava.com:
%
% And that's that :)

*grin*

%
% So, I was wondering how could I do it to get it to run... I am quite
% surprised that gpg / pgp is not included in the "default" Cygwin setup... I
% guess I could try to get gpg / pgp for unix, and see if it runs on cygwin

See a previous thread; I had seen on the gnupg list (what a wonderful
convergence of threads; I'm an oldie on the mutt-users list and have
recently signed up on the gnupg and cygwin lists, and I keep seeing lots
of mutt and cygwin and gpg talk :-) that gpg compiles well, but
apparently it isn't quite *that* well, but nonetheless it might fit the
bill.

% (any ideas on that line), but I'd rather perfer to be alble to use the one I
% already have, specially 'cause that one does run both well under W2k and W98
% (I dual boot :)....

I'm all for gpg :-)

%
% If that's out of the question, then at least I'd like to be able to share
% the data (keys) files; I know I can export / import but that's a pain to
% keep in synch...

Why bother with that?  Instead have your gnupg options specify keyrings
in some other directory, like d:\shareddata\gpg or such, under both OSs?

%
% Of course, it might be that I'm missing something pretty obvious that makes
% all this a load of nonsense, but I can't see it ...

I'm hopeful it's just the /tmp thing, though that doesn't necessarily
help you much.

%
% Thanks in advance

HTH & HAND