bitkeeper cygwin messed up cygwin terminal setting for tcsh, lynx: dumb terminal?

When I downloaded bitkeeper, it installed a stripped-down (no clue whether
it was the most recent) version of cygwin on top of the version I had
already installed.

Since, I get the following error when loading tcsh:

<<tcsh: No entry for terminal type "cygwin"

tcsh: using dumb terminal settings.>>

or lynx no longer runs and says:

<<Error opening terminal: cygwin.>>

Re-installing cygwin's tcsh wouldn't fix it.

Any hints?

Many thanks in advance Ralf (hauser@acm.org)

also on: comp.unix.shell,comp.software.config-mgmt