Re: no syntax highlighting in vim (latest) win2k

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 09:40:58AM +0200, BStrohhaecker@Hueller-Hille.com wrote:
> [...]

Correct.  I discussed that with Bram Moolenaar once.  He refused
to add the crlf/lf conversion to the code reading the syntaxfiles
and I second that.  On Cygwin all vim syntaxfiles have to be in
binarymode.  The reason is that e. g. the following is a valid command:

  map <F1>  :wq!

If the crlf/lf conversion would take place, this command would
falsely be recognized as

  map <F1>  :wq!

with a CRLF eol even if the file is actually only containing LF as
eol.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.