inetd servers went wrong after upgrading cygwin

I do not know at which point, but telnetd and ftpd do not work now; they
used to. The symptom is that when I log in to telnetd, the system pops up an
application initialization failure (0xc0000022); when I type ls after
logging in to ftpd, a similar failure appears (using Administrator) or no
files are listed (using anonymous).

I tried to install the same Cygwin distribution to another computer, the
same thing happened. So it is not likely to be caused by some configuration
of my computer. Both computers run Windows 2000.

Anybody experiences similar things or has a clue what happened?

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei