Re: SSH not working

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Pietrobon Marcello wrote:

> Some questions ( I am a Unix-almost-perfect-ignorant ):

Me too :-)

> 1)
> How do I set something like 'binmode ntsec tty' ( I am using windows 2000). What
> shoould I type in ?

Well that one is easy in windows you got environment variables too, go to
your configuration meny and choose system settings, choose tab 'advanced'
and choose environment variables to add a variable named CYGWIN with the
mentioned values added.

> 2)
> Why should I do something like that ? I think that Cygwin installation should
> take care of it.

That depends on what a user wants, f.i. some people do not use ntsec or
binmode, what about them?

> 3)
> How do I know if /home/Administrator exist ?
> I am not sure what means '/'. Does it mean the c:\ or
> c:/GShell/Unix/Cygwin (where cygwin is installed) ?

The / (say root) is the place where the filesystem is mounted under unix,
for Cygwin it is probably c:\GShell\Unix\Cygwin in your case and most of
the time c:\cygwin for others.

> 4)
> How should I set the environment variables HOME and HOMEPATH ?
> cygdrive/c/GShell/Unix/Cygwin/Home
> or
> c:/GShell/Unix/Cygwin/Home
> or
> c:\GShell\Unix\Cygwin\Home
> or what?

In your case c:\GShell\Unix\Cygwin\Home will probably do.