Re: i got IMAP but know what?

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> sorry, i dont know what RTFM means

Read The Fine Manual.

> but all of my system files have been
> cleaned up... 'Set them in /etc/passwd' there on the system, do i have to
> edit my passwd file? I thought to look at the unix-home page of wu-imap so i
> know there's no config file but this eas precompiled so i can'y edit the
> source code to change the location of mail etc...

The README.imap-cygwin.txt file in the archive is clear about this:

(2) Note that unlike some other Cygwin deamons (e.g. telnetd), imapd
    DOES use the password field in /etc/passwd to do its authentication.
    Use Cygwin's /bin/crypt and ensure that these fields are properly
    filled out for each active user.

One question for you now. Could you please drop the disclaimer it eats a
lot of peoples resourses and please do not answer above the quote. Oops
thats two questions :-)