RE: install process hangs on when run under windows 98 (using setup v2.249.2.4)

I have attached a zip'ed version of the c:\cygwin\etc tree as requested

Also I have another funny today with install process :

I tried to do a fresh internet install to produce the zip file you requested
all went well choosing what to install (I just left it as default selection)
etc. however this time the post install failed with the message "A required
DLL file CYGWIN1.DLL was not found. I click ok and get the message again and
again - a total of 7 copies of the same message (1 per DOS session attempted
?) and no DOS boxes displayed. I checked the log for the install
(c:\cygwin\var\log\setup.log.full) no mention of the DLL being processed
during install.

I tried an install using the local copy of the cygwin files I downloaded
yesterday and install went as before hanging on DOS box as below - this is
the install which generated the dir tree I have attached.

Checking the log for this install I found cygwin1.dll was in the main cygwin
engine tar ball and extracted successfully to c:\cygwin tree.

Tried another internet install and noticed that cygwin The UNIX engine as it
is described in the local files based install is not listed. Cancelled
install and selected another location for install - not listed again ????

Mark