Re: Re: Changing from textmode to binmode mounting

Hi Peter,

here is how I did it:

Go to to cygwin\bin directory and run the following command from a
Windows shell:

   mount -bs --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygdrive

HTH,
Patrick

> David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > On  1 Jul 02, Peter Davis writes:
> > >
> > > For some reason, my Win2000 machine has everything mounted in
> > > textmode, although my WinNT machine correctly mounts in binmode.  In
> > > textmode, my fetchmail spool file is unreadable by MH and other mail
> > > utilities?
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me how to switch from textmode to binmode?  I tried
> > > the command
> > >
> > >     mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix cygdrive
> > >
> > > as suggested in the faq, but it seemed to have no effect.
> >
> > You say "everything" is mounted in textmode, but that command will
> > only change the cygdrive mounts.  Also user mounts will override
> > system mounts (or vice versa?).  This can be confusing if you change
> > the system mount but the user mount hides the change (or vice versa?).
>
> Here's what I have:
>
> $ mount
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (textmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (textmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type user (textmode)
> c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
> d: on /cygdrive/d type user (textmode,noumount)
> m: on /cygdrive/m type user (textmode,noumount)
> q: on /cygdrive/q type user (textmode,noumount)
> r: on /cygdrive/r type user (textmode,noumount)
>
> I've tried
>
>     mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix cygdrive
>     mount: cygdrive: Invalid argument
>
> I also tried
>
>     mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygdrive
>     mount -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /cygwin
>

> No messages, but nothing changes.  Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>

> -pd
begin:vcard
n:Eisenacher;Patrick
tel;work:+1 (6102) 88478-72
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.fillmore-labs.com
org:Fillmore Labs GmbH
version:2.1
email;internet:eisenacher@fillmore-labs.com
title:Senior Project Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;Triforum C2=0D=0AFrankfurter Str. 233;Neu-Isenburg;Hessen;63263;Germany
x-mozilla-cpt:;24800
fn:Patrick Eisenacher
end:vcard