Re: C99 macros in math.h

"Corinna Vinschen" <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> It would help a lot if you could prefilter your list.  It's not
really
> thrilling to get a long list of symbols with the hint "here's the
list,
> I left the work for you".
>
> If you want some of these symbols to get exported, compare them e.
g. to
> SUSv3 and report back.

Sorry Corinna, I know it was a bit of an imposition just to dump the
list on you but as I said, I assume that some of these might not be
appropriate to export from the cygwin DLL and I'm not qualified to
spot which ones.  But I accept I could still have filtered the list
somewhat (e.g. I assume the DLL shouldn't export `errno'). Sorry.

I didn't mention it in my original email, but the problem is that the
header files for all these symbols go out with the cygwin
installation. Thus you then get the same problem that existed with the
cygserver / shm merge into HEAD: the header files exist but the entry
points don't. Thus any configuration script that notices the header
files will almost certainly get into problems (e.g. throwing up an
"entry point not found" dialogue either at configuration time or at
run time).

Thus as I understand it, it's not an issue of SUSv3 or whatever
compliance but one of the DLL being consistent with the header files.
On that basis, everything on the list I sent you should be exported
except those things that would cause a problem (e.g. `errno' AFAIK;
but are there any more like that?).

// Conrad