Re: question about setup

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Just to make sure I've got this right, I should follow the
following steps:

On the computer connected to the internet:
1. Download setup.exe.
2. Run setup.exe
3. Select "Download from Internet"
4. Enter a "local package directory" where the downloaded
files will be stored.
5. Wait for the download to complete ...
6. Copy the "local package directory" and it's contents
across to the target computer.
7. Copy setup.exe to the target computer.

On the target computer:
1. Run setup.exe
2. Select "Install from Local Directory"
3. Enter the "Root Directory" that will be the "/" for cygwin
processes
4. Enter the "Local Package Directory", the directory
containing the packages copied from the other machine.
5. Select the packages to install - hopefully this
list will include everything downloaded on the other
machine and copied across.
6. Wait for setup to install everything ...

I know this is a bit mickey-mouse, but I want to check
I'm doing the right thing. I know people who use this
list disaprove of any installation not done using
setup.exe.

Thanks for your help.
/John Vincent.