Re: infinite loop in rm -fr (revisited)

Chris January wrote:

#!/bin/bash
trap "cd /; rm-orig -fr /tmp/xxx.dir" 0
mkdir /tmp/xxx.dir
exec >/tmp/xxx.dir/info

I tried to look into this and typed:
strace bash -c ./loop
which prompty resulted in bash segfaulting. :(((
Not that it has anything to do with your segfault,
probably, but be aware of the typo in my script above:
It should be "rm -fr", not "rm-orig -fr".  That was something
related to my debugging.

I know for sure that Windows NT does not like deleting files
that are open, so I would guess that there is a basic difference
here with UNIX.  It would be nice to find a workaround.

Joe Buehler