Re: bash.exe can't find strtoll in cygwin1.dll

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Remove the old version(s) of cygwin1.dll from your system.

cgf

Thanks for the quick answer.

I checked in my cygwin install dir and found that the cygwin1.dll there is version 1.3.3
(as told by its Properties). So, I think you are right that I am using an old version.

However, I haven't been able to find a way to get a newer version.
When I run the setup.exe from the webpage, and select the 'Full' View,
for Package cygwin, it says
Current New ......
1.3.3-2 Keep

I left this unchanged. It now seems that this is saying that I currently have
version 1.3.3-2 and setup.exe is not going to install a newer version.
When I click on the 'Keep', it changes to Uninstall; there is no option
to get a newer version. So:
1. Is 1.3.3-2 the newest version? Mine is dated 2001-9-12; seems pretty old.
2. To try to fix this, in the Setup Select Packages box, I changed 'Keep' to Uninstall'
for cygwin thinking that this would get rid of the old version and I could then run
Setup.exe again and since I no longer had the old version, it would
let me get the new version.

This failed. Now the Setup box is missing the cygwin line altogether
and I can't find any way to get it back. I can't f ind anywhere on my
computer where Setup is remembering that I had changed this to uninstall.
How do I recover from this?

Thanks.