Re: Apache 2.0.39 "shmat not located in cygwin1.dll"

"Greg McCrory" <gmc@coolbrew.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else attempted to compile and run Apache 2.0.* on Cygwin?
>
> I got it running fine on a box with Win XP Pro, in fact it runs
> flawlessly.  But on Win XP Home the compilation goes ok but when I
try to
> run httpd.exe I get the following error:
>
> "The procedure entry point shmat could not be located in the dynamic
link
> library cygwin1.dll"
>
> If anyone could offer any insight into this error, I would be most
> appreciative.

I'm surprised that you're seeing this: what version of the cygwin DLL
have you got installed on your Win XP Home box?

There hasn't been a cygwin release that supports shm operations, so
the configuration script for Apache shouldn't try to use them. There
*have* been some snapshots that came with the <sys/shm.h> header file
(but no entry points in the DLL). If you've got this header file on
your system, remove both <sys/shm.h> and <sys/ipc.h> and try
re-configuring / re-compiling.

Or are you using the cygipc package?

Of course, if what you're trying to do is to use the emerging
cygserver / shm implementation, you'll need to re-build the cygwin DLL
from the CVS sources as detailed in one of my previous emails on the
cygwin-apps and cygwin-developers list.

// Conrad