problems with pthreads && c++ (suspect wait conditions)

Hi!

I'm trying to run my program (mutella, a gnutella client,
http://mutella.sf.net) under cygwin and it seems to have major problems after
any waiting thread get woken up with kind of probability of 90% to crash. I
have not yet tried to track this down because the project uses threads
extensively and this kind of research might require substantial amount of
time. Interestingly enough, the previous version of muttella used to run
reliably under cygwin, however, I've introduced several additional waiting
points. Unfortunately, GDB does not like my program as well and crashes on
start. The point however that mutella runs nicely on linux/bsd/solaris and
macosx.

I'm running cygwin 1.3.11 under Windows 2000.

Help is greatly appreciated,
--Max