gcc 3.1 and -fnative-struct patch

Could anyone update on the status of the -fnative-struct patch used in cygwin
(and mingw) gcc for compatibility with MSVC bitfield structures?  I saw some
mail last autumn suggesting it was being worked on.

I have successfully compiled and been using gcc 3.1 on cygwin (including
objective-C) but cannot use it with MSVC libraries such as gtk ones due to
lack of -fnative-struct.

What are plans for updating gcc to 3.1 (or later) in cygwin?

Paul Butcher
Alton, Hants, UK