Re: Accessing cygwin systems from outside cygwin

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 04:31:04PM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:
>Subject: access cygwin programs from outside cygwin
>
>This one seems to require a bit of pixie dust.
>
>How do I invoke a cygwin program (in this case TeX/Latex) from outside
>cygwin (in this case VisualWorks Smalltalk).  There must be some path
>magic I don't understand.   The host system is Win2000.  We've tried
>the obvious permutations without success.

Put the cygwin bin directory in your PATH environment variable.  There
is no rocket science involved.  It's the same thing that you'd do on
either UNIX or Windows.

set PATH=c:\cygwin\bin;%PATH%

or, on Windows NT, set the PATH via the control panel.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .