Re: access port 127.0.0.1:1052

Alex,

According to <http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers>, port 1052 is assigned to:

ddt 1052/tcp Dynamic DNS Tools
ddt 1052/udp Dynamic DNS Tools

I don't know what "Dynamic DNS Tools" are, but perhaps it means something to you or someone else here? There are quite a few Google hits on this phrase.

Do you use the BASH PROMPT_COMMAND variable to have a command invoked prior to the issuing of each primary (PS1) prompt? If so, might that command be triggering the network activity you mention?

Perhaps your PS1 string is using "\h" or "\H", both of which put the host name into the prompt? That, along with the "Dynamic DNS Tools" suggests a possible connection.

If you figure it out, please let us know.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA