GCC 3.1 exception model?

Hi,

from reading the mailing list archives indicates that a
release of a 3.1 gcc-version for cygwin is immanent so I
thought it might be of general interest to share my
experience (5 ~ weeks) of compiling cygwin with a 3.1(.1)
gcc. Originally I compiled the gcc 3.1 (+ binutils) sources
from mingw distribution and switched to the cygwin-mingw
gcc branch last weekend. The output of my current
gcc --specs are (note: I did not use the customary
--enable-sjlj-exceptions option)

Configured with: ../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr \
--enable-threads=posix  --without-included-gettext \
--without-included-zlib --disable-libgcj --disable-libf2c \
--disable-win32-registry --disable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.1.1 20020629 (prerelease)

Running these (native) gcc-3.1 complied cygwin snapshots
did not result in any apparent problems - also the output
of the gcc test suite looked normal and the output of the
cygwin test suite looked normal after I forced the tests
to link with the newly installed libcygwin.a .  (All tests
linked to new-libcygwin.a mysteriously crashed by the way.)

Anyway I am sort of wondering about the exception model of
the ``official'' cygwin gcc 3.1  (guess I will know in a
couple of days;-) and are there any plans of distributing
an Ada and/or Java enabled compiler + libs and tools in the
near future?

/Christoph