Re: Serial patch programming

Jacek,

Assuming you followed the directions on this page:

http://cygwin.com/cvs.html

You'll end up with a directory called src.  Move "src" to /usr/src/.  Your
directory path should be /usr/src/src, so cd to /usr/src.  Make a direcory
called build and cd into build.  Type "../src/configure
--prefix=`pwd`/../install".  Then type "make; make install".  Now the
freshly built binaries should be located in /usr/src/install.  At this
point I usually do the following:
1)"cd /usr/src/install"
2)"rmdir etc"
3)"cd i686-pc-cygwin"
4)"tar -cvf ../foo.tar ."
5)"cd .."
6)"tar -xvf foo.tar; rm foo.tar"
7)"mv bin/cygwin1.dll /"
8)"tar -cvf /usr/foo.tar ."
9)"cd /usr"
10)"tar -xvf foo.tar; rm foo.tar"

Then close down all cygwin processes include bash, open up explorer and
switch to the folder in windows corresponding to "/".  In my case, that
would be "C:\cygwin".  Then cut the cygwin1.dll in that folder and switch
to the bin\ folder (in my case that was C:\cygwin\bin".  Paste to the bin
folder and confirm overwriting the existing dll.  That's it!

Cheers,
Nicholas