Re: exim and ntsec

"Corwin" <Cygwin at ifrance dot com> wrote

>Forgive my lack of knowledge. I saw the Exim has no root privilege message
>but what I can't explain (And I am sure you can) is why I got the same
>message when launching exim with ntsec disabled and why It is working well
>then ...

Thomas

I don't see this message without ntsec! Running without ntsec is all
you need if you don't need to setuid to access directories and to set
permissions.
To run under ntsec, start exim from cygrunsrv. It is coded to recognize
uid 18.
If you have problems, add the arguments -c -d (in cygrunsrv -I..  -a "...")
and look at the debug output in /var/log/exim.log, in addition to the
logfiles.

I assume you fixed the permissions problems of configure (previous messages).
With ntsec it must be owned by SYSTEM and other users cannot have write
access.

Pierre

P.S.: Please cc me on this, I don't subscribe to the list.