From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-noreply@cygwin.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Shells and makefiles are still very slow with cygwin
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:04:45 -0400

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:57:47PM +0200, Paul Pitot wrote:
>Shells and makefiles are still very slow with cygwin
>
>I use cygwin for about 2 years and do not see any real response to this
>simple question :
>Why a simple shell script like this is so slow ?

It's been two years of basic, unadulterated, pure, raw meanness on our
part.  Our hearts are black, our intentions are malign.  We like to kick
small animals, tease small children, and fiddle endlessly with the
keypad at ATMs.  We spit at convention and tromp on sacred values like
"the inalienable right to have free software that works the way I want
it to work, dammit."

Shell script slowness is just one of the many sadistic ways that we "get
our jollies".

Bwa

ha

ha