Re: ls -R doesn't work; V1.3.12 on Win2000

Jim, Hari,

Sorry... I didn't review my posting critically before sending it off...

There's an oversight in both my and Jim's posting: The "." character is the single-character match-any pattern character in all the grep variants (and in other programs, such as sed and Perl), and hence must be escaped to be interpreted literally as the period character.

So the proper incantation of my example is:

ls -laR |egrep -i '\.(doc|pdf|rtf)'

Randall