Newbie questions

Hi all ,

I was wondering If I can make a program under Linux , using gcc and GTK , and the same program to be ported to Windows or viceversa ?

Please guys , I'm a newbie in this matter , so I need a litle directions on this topic ....

I 'm a confused , What I like to know is : What is better to work ? Gtk+ , QT , Vxwindows ?

I would like to work with the most easiest cross platform library .....

Can I run an Stand alone (.exe) developed with cygwin under windows ?
Can I use , Dev++ for example under windows , and gcc under linux ?

Thanks guys , sorry for my ignorance ,

Regards

Rick