RE: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-1, gcc2-2.95.3-6, and gcc-mingw-3_1-20020516-1

> From: Christopher Faylor

> Subject: Available for test: gcc-3.1.1-1, gcc2-2.95.3-6, and
gcc-mingw-3_1-20020516-1

Yeah!

> I've just uploaded a test version of gcc 3.1.1 based on the main gcc
> 3.1.1 branch.
> Danny Smith has put a lot of work into this release and currently has
an
> older version of gcc 3.1 available for testing in mingw.  This 3.1.1
> version incorporates more bug fixes from him as well as from normal
gcc
> folk.
>
> Danny reports that exception handling should work ok in this release
> although I believe that there are still issues with exception handling
> in dlls.

Hm - being utterly ignorant about Cygwin dll internals, I can at
least report that it seems to be possible to compile (and link
them to the corresponding libstdc++.a and libgcc.a libraries) the
Cygwin dll itself without the standard option -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions.

By re-adding the --fno-exceptions  option to the compilation of
winsup/cygwin/lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc one seems to also get
a  fully functional  libcygwin.a library - i.e. running the
test suite resulted in nine failures and no pthread failure.

(Without re-adding the option -fno-exceptions to the compilation
of _cygwin_crtO_common.cc one gets a link error ala
.. libcygwin.a(_cygwin_crt0_common.o):
In function `_cygwin_crt0_common':
.. /src/winsup/cygwin/lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc:41:
undefined reference to `___gxx_personality_v0'.)

> gcc 3.1.1 has been built with thread support enabled.  It also
includes
> the java compiler but I haven't actually verified that either works.
> Theoretically, this could also include ada support, but if I do decide

Cool ... using basically the same options and sources I was able to
compile the Ada extension + libs + tools (the compilation of gnatdll
required a minor tweak).

> to make this available, it will probably be as a separate package.  I
> may do this with java eventually, too.

I take that that it is still not possible to compile libgjc?

> 2002-01-06  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>
>
>         * config/i386/cygwin.h: Fix to allow -nostdinc to drop cygwin
includes.
> 	Only search for cyg library prefix when not -mno-cygwin
> 	* t-cygwin: Add -lintl as an auxilliary library.
> 	* x-cygwin: Ditto.

For my native bootstrap I had to explicitly copy cygming.h into
the build directory  Objdir/gcc/gcc to make things work.

/Christoph