Nessus on cygwin: Partially there

Hello,

I've been playing with building nessus on cygwin. If anyone else is trying to do the same, I'd love to hear.

So far, I've got:

I can build 1.22 with --disable-shared , which means I have no nessus-plugins. Vexing. I do not understand libtool and Cygwin DLLs well enough to attempt to fix this.

I can run nessus-adduser, nessus-mkcert and nessusd -D

I can run nessus and connect to nessusd. But I lack plugins, ne, as per the above: No DLLs, no shared libs, I am a thick knuckle-headed wuff. *whine*

I get rather bad crashes when I run nessus. It happened to me a couple times just during ./configure, and just now when running nessus. Something to do with cygwin not being able to allocate memory. Second time round, I got a BSOD STOP 08. That could be something with my system, of course, I do not rule out that I have a general instability regarding memory or what-have-you here. Someone else to try a build and see how it runs there would be real useful about now.
Nessus also eats a ton of memory. Around 200MB before it dies on my machine. That could be due to "no shared libs" as well, of course. Each nessusd carries the whole shebang around with it, and there's several of the lil buggers running when nessus does its thing.

So.

I'll happily share build-instructions and diffs with anyone interested. If someone out there knows a bit more about cygwin than I do and is willing to help getting nessus to run properly, that is WITH shared libs and plugins, I'd be delighted.

And I'll go and get 1.23 now and build the thing all over again, as 1.23 has JUST been relased. Well, sorta just. After I started on this lil journey a week ago or so anyway. :)

Regards

Shawn