OT: Compiling new stuff (was Nessus on cygwin)

I think Shawn Behrens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been playing with building nessus on cygwin. If anyone else is trying
> to do the same, I'd love to hear.

Not a personal dig at Shawn, just the latest instance of a pet peeve:
when people ask for help compiling package X, I always wish they'd
write "I've been playing with building nessus (A REMOTE SECURITY
SCANNER) on cygwin" (emphasis added.) If something hasn't already been
built on cygwin, or doesn't just compile right OOTB, chances are that
it's specialized enough that many folks on this list won't have heard
of it. Yes, it only took me a few seconds to find out what Nessus was
on Google -- but I still wish people would briefly describe package X
right in their message.

Ernest Friedman-Hill
Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  ejfried@ca.sandia.gov
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550