Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:27:10PM -0500, Ivo Janssen wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Reading the FAQ, it seems it's impossible to have 2 versions of
>cygwin1.dll running on one system:
>(see http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC51)
>
>I was wondering if there was a way around this.
>
>My problem is this: I'm pushing a cygwin application to desktops in
>my company. I'm distributing cygwin1.dll as part of that package,
>because most users don't have cygwin installed.

So, you should check for the existence of a cygwin1.dll.  If one exists
and it is older than the one you're installing, replace it.  Otherwise,
don't install cygwin1.dll.

You're asking for trouble otherwise.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .