Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system

Be aware that there is commercial software that uses the cygwin1.dll.

One example is Tivoli Framework from IBM (which I happens to work with
proffesionally...).

To ensure that a dll is not interfering with other versions of the same dll
you must ensure that it is located in a directory that by default is NOT
included in the windows path. You should aælso familiarize yourself with
terms of dll search sequence and private dlls. This will help you
understand how to avoid conflicts of this kind.

Another (and much worse) example of a dll conflict is the infamous
MSVCRT40.Dll conflict that I belive any NT 4.0 system maintainer knows -
this problem shows exactly what problems may arise when people advice (or
just puts it) to move a dll into the %system% directory....

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Franz Wolfhagen