RE: 'man' and Funny Characters

Daniel Giron wrote:

> As a result of trying the checksum like Bernard(who
> addressed the same issue) suggested, I found out that the
> cat directory is what's causing the "funny characters" and
> if I disable the option, i.e. remove the catx directories,
> this problem doesn't happen.

Good sleuthing!  I deleted the '/usr/man/cat1' directory (the only catX
directory I had) and the problem went away.

Thanks!!!  I don't think I would have ever guessed that one.  How does
it work without the cat1 directory?  Or better, why does it need it?

> The problem in my opinion is
> with /usr/bin/gzip.exe (which sums the same as Bernard's
> copy). It'll be appreciated if someone can follow up and
> find the true solution to this.

My gzip also summed the same as his.  That would indicate (I would
think) that ours is OK, since he is not having that problem.

/Jelks