Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dantin" <dachha@hamsfork.net>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system

> Sounds to me someone needs to get off their high horse. Companys get bulk
> licenses to put software on multiple machines. Quit being parinoid and
> flashing around your position. I'm definately not impressed.

Cygwin1.dll is licenced under the GPL, which means it's source must be
provided by the distributor (whomever that may be), or as a proprietary
licence, of which very few have been issued. It's my understanding that
Chris knows exactly who has purchased a proprietary licence, and from his
comment I presume IBM have not.

So, no one is on a high horse, and bulk licences have no relevance here.
Paranoia is not when they are out to get you, and I don't recall Chris
flashing his position - he simply asked someone who has seen the .dll
installed (apparently) as part of a proprietary product, whether the install
included an offer for, or the sources - as per the GPL.

Sounds to me like someone needs to pull his head in and think through the
situation before commenting.

Rob