RE: another cygwin using program...

Sorry.  That wasn't clear.

> I did indeed find the source to identd in the obvious place.

Yep.  And they point to Cygwin, but thier alternate site for Cygwin has the
old B20 version.  Will thier code build against the current version of the
DLL?  If not, they aren't in compliance with the GPL.

previous mailing list discussions on this topic state that if they distribute the cygwin1.dll, they have to distribute the source code for that particular version.
So either way its a violation. (ie linking isnt good enough, according to previous discussions) - I am still in digital unix at uni so i have no idea if it compiles with current cygwin, anyway.

But, it was a headsup, not a 'i am deeply concerned about this' or I would of emailed the person responsible for the web site in the first place. If i was one of the cygwin developers, maybe i would feel differently, but as a user headsup is enough from me.

Gareth