[BUG] open(): Opening with flags O_RDONLY | O_APPEND positions the file pointer at the end of the file

Hello, there :)

Attached is a testcase which displays the problem. On Linux it will
properly return 13, while on cygwin it returns 0.

I found this while trying to understand why MC doesn't extract
properly files from say .zip files.

I don't know exactly why they call O_RDONLY combined with O_APPEND but
I will mail the mc-devel list ASAP.

Still according to the Linux man page and SUSv2, O_APPEND should be
taken into account only when writing to the file.

Having in mind that fhandler_base::write() calls SetFilePointer
before each write, I wonder why fhandler_disk_base::open calls
SetFilePointer when it detects O_APPEND ?