Re: running mks toolkit and cygwin on same machine

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 02:48:52PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

Why not just roll-your own 'rev'?

Included is a trivial 'rev.cc' that will handle any size argument list that
cygwin is able to pass it. It should include <algorithm> to support gcc 3.1,
but for some reason it couldn't process templates when I included that.
Sigh.

Compile with
g++ -o rev.exe rev.cc

Sounds like a candidate for cygutils...

Yes, it's been on my todo list for some time. Here are the util-linux progs that I believe still need to be added to cygutils:

colcrt - filter nroff output for CRT previewing
colrm - remove columns from a file
column - columnate lists
rev - reverses the characters on each line of each file
mcookie - generates magic cookies for Xauth

I have the util-linux code for each of this, plus man pages. I just need to munge them up so they build within cygutils...time, time, time...

--Chuck